Between the Seasons


Click image to view larger

Last weekend, a few friends and I drove out to Eastern Sierra (California) area to take pictures of the fall colors. Before heading out, I knew it has passed the peek time, but I was hopeful that autumn was still around for a bit longer.

Upon arrival, looking at the bare trees, I knew that we were late for the party. However, there were still remnant of the fall; I could see a few trees with yellow leaves scattered between the bared ones. There was also early sign of the coming winter, a few small patches of snow on the ground.

I realized, then, that I was neither late for the autumn, nor early for the winter. I was just in between the seasons. I told myself “nature’s clock waits for no one, all I can do is to be a good observer.”

Until next year, here is my humbled-not-quite-fall-color photograph. Hope you enjoy it.

-Quan
November 2011.

4 comments :: Between the Seasons

  1. Anh TM J, I agree that this pic need to be viewed large. Thank you for looking. -Quan.

  2.         IT'S BEAUTIFUL COMPOSITION,AND SO SENTIMENTALY...HOPE TO SEE ON YOU MORE THAN THAT...GOOD LUCK...

  3. Thanks a lot, sư huynh.
    -Quan

  4. Probably not the fall scene you were looking for but I view large with the black frame it stands out well and give a very peaceful ambient of autumn. TFS!

Post a Comment