Looking to the West II

Click image to view larger


I like to dedicate this photo to Izzie who took the time to write me such a meaningful comment in my previous post, “Looking to the West”. I do not get this kind of comment very often; I find it very inspiring, so, thank you Izzie.

This is what Izzie wrote:

“Quan Tran… I like the way you expressed your feelings with this photo. To me, it’s just too busy. Maybe I am looking for only a little of the tree and more of the mountains or the tree would have been more with the trunks and the mountain a bit further. I seem to think that you position yourself nearer the tree and lost most of the mountain… could be better…”

Today, I happen to look into my hard drive; and find this image from the same trip. This one has a tree trunk and the mountain a bit further. What do you think about this image (compare to the previous one)?

-Quan.
November 2011.

“It is from the womb of art that criticism was born.” ~ Charles Baudelaire


4 comments :: Looking to the West II

  1. IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL...THE WAY YOU SHOOT , LOOK LIKE SOMEBODY ...

  2. I like this one better than the other one -- it has more substance. But it can still be better if you have the time, to crop a little bit of the limb below and again crop on the left side of the trunk. OK..I cheated and enlarged my browser so I can look at it like I cropped the left side of the tree where the craggy bits are near the look-alike button on the tree. It looks better.

    On the other hand, I would like to see a little bit more of the leaves like the first photo like as if it is the framing the mountain.

    Just my thoughts..

  3. Hahaha... :)

  4. Izzie, again thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed comment. Much appreciated. -Quan.

Post a Comment