Caution


Click image to view larger


Today, I am thinking about shadows; particularly, our own shadows.

Shadows never complain, and always follow us quietly. When we step into the shade, they just disappear. When we face the light, they stay right behind us. When the light gets brighter, the shadows get deeper. The only time we see our own shadows is when we turn our back to the light; or when we face the light but turn our heads to look back behind us.

Shadows have many shapes and forms; they can be very pretty sometimes. Whenever I see my shadow, I get a feeling of comfort, knowing that there’s light. When I see my shadow, I know it is sunny and I am not alone.

If you haven’t looked at your own shadow lately, I invite you to walk into the light; walk, jump, dance or run (whatever you like to do) while noticing your own shadows. It is pure joy, I guarantee it. Watch your steps and don’t injure yourself though.

-Quan.
November 2011.

“Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see.” ~ Martin Luther King Jr.

4 comments :: Caution

  1. First of all, this is the flawless black&white image (to me). The bright round in front of the black locomotive (sorry; I don't know what is it in English) reflectes beautifully, contrasts perfectly with the black locomotor. Oh; The cute little girl walks beside the train. Her smallness, prettiness make the perfect subject for the picture. Finally, her shadow....Yes, due to her shadow. The Picture is full of life and energy.....Again, thanks for beautiful image.

  2. Hi Anh Nam,
    Thank you very much for viewing, and taking the time to write such a detailed comments. I am glad you like it.
    -Quan.

  3. Superb,
    Quan! Great tonality. It's a beautiful black & white image.
    tp

  4. Anh Phong,
    Thank you visiting and the kind words.
    -Quan.

Post a Comment