Veterans Day 2011

Click image to view larger

It’s Friday, why not take a little break from whatever you are doing and look at some flower.

Today is also Veterans Day in the US. I like to take a moment to say thanks to our veterans. They risk their lives during combat, and then have to deal with the post-war trauma. These folks really give up a huge chunk of their lives, so that we can enjoy ours.

I don’t know the name of this flower; so I just call it “Little Purple Flower”. People say purple flowers symbolize royalty. With that, I like to dedicate this flower to our veterans.

To those who served, I salute you!

-Quan.
November 2011. 

“Just living is not enough,” said the butterfly. “One must have sunshine, freedom and a little flower.” ~ Hans Christian Andersen

4 comments :: Veterans Day 2011

  1. It's such a
    beautiful image! I love the color and lighting contrast of the purple flower standing
    gracefully with a broken petal over the bitten green leaves on a deep dark background.
    The image has a lot of meanings to me. Thank our veterans and thank you, Quan
    for your sharing.
    tp

  2. beautiful shot. the lighting is great

  3. Anh Phong,
    Thank you for viewing and the detailed comments.
    -Quan.

  4. Thank you very much.
    -Quan.

Post a Comment