Azra

Click image to view larger

Anyone following the news lately would notice that there were many tragic events happened in recent weeks. The monsoon flooded Bangkok; then now the earthquake in Turkey. Sometimes, it can be depressing watching the news.

I like to send my best wishes to the people in Thailand and Turkey; my thoughts go to the victims, and my condolences to their loved ones.

Then on Tuesday, I happened to watch the footage about a 2-week-old baby girl, Azra Karaduman, pulled out alive from the rubble by the earthquake rescue team. That’s good news (for a change). I felt as if I was watching a miracle unfolding right in front of my eyes. A miracle, indeed!

Today, I want take the liberty to title this photograph “Azra” (hope you don’t mind) to celebrate Azra Karaduman. And, I want to propose a toast to her “Azra, you can survive this earthquake; you can handle anything life throws at you later on. I sincerely wish you, despite a rough start, a happy and wonderful long life.”

-Quan
October 2011.

"Live long and prosper, my friend." ~ Stars Trek.

8 comments :: Azra

  1. Very nice image, I like presentable as well as story of how the title came about.

  2. A. TM J,

    Thank you very much.

    -Quan.

  3. Beautiful, how did you get a lotus?

  4. Hi Thu, I shoot this lotus a while back (July 2011) at Chua Bao Quang. It's combination of being busy, lazy and unorganized; this image is burried on the hard drive for months. When I thought of Azra, and recall that I had taken this picture (memory from viewing it once on the camera LCD). So, I dig it out.
    Thanks for stopping by.
    -Quan.

  5. Billy, thanks a lot.
    -Quan.

  6. Open your heart, then the images will follow. Thank you Morry.

  7. From your heart and mind.  No better places for images to start.  Peace and love Azra.  Thank you Quan.

  8. Very nice. I think you did a great job processing it!
    Billy (LI, NY)

Post a Comment