Down the Hall

Click image to view larger


Occasionally, we all need a quiet moment to rest. As the year coming to the end, I am sitting here, doing nothing but reflecting upon twenty-eleven. Overall, it was a very good year for me in many respects.

One of the highlight of this year was my acquisition of a new camera, the Fujifilm X100. I know buying the X100 does not instantly make me a photographer; it only makes me an X100 owner. I often hear people saying, “It’s the photographer, not the camera that takes the pictures.” Even though, I agree with that wisdom, I want to say that the X100 gave me the inspiration to take more and better images. (Click here to see the images taken with the Fujifilm X100.)

Another reason that makes this year so terrific for me is you. When I look at the stats of this blog, I see a steady increase in numbers of visits from all over the world. That reason alone, gives me the inspiration to take more pictures and to post more regularly. In addition, many of you also take the time to write your feed-backs and share your thoughts with me, on and off line. I want to this opportunity to say that I appreciate your support and encouragement throughout the year.

I also look at other reports, the ones from my affiliations with Amazon and B&H Photo. The reports do not show who made the purchases, they only show what items were sold coming from this blog. Even that I do not know who you are, I do get the nice warm feeling knowing someone out there is helping me. I know you do not have to do it, but you choose to do it to support me. Your thoughtful actions really keep me going. Thank you!

I like to hold the nice memories of this year as I am saying farewell to twenty-eleven; and to wish you all the love, joy and even more success in your life as we welcome twenty-twelve.

Wish you a very Happy New Year.

-Quan
December 2011.

“There are always two people in every picture: the photographer and the viewer.” ~ Ansel Adams

2 comments :: Down the Hall

  1. Happy new year...! so beautiful pictures...i loved that, the light very soft...good luck...

  2. Thank you sir. Happy New Year!
    -Quan.

Post a Comment