Wild Flowers

Click image to view larger


It was late afternoon; the sun is coming down quickly. I had an image in my mind that I wanted to take, but this lady was in my view. So, I waited for her to finish taking her pictures. She appeared to me as very meticulous; she took her time shooting, take a few steps, shot again; few more steps, then shot some more. When she finished shooting and started to walk away, I was so relief and got ready for my shot.

Well, only after a few steps, she stopped. This time, she took out some small device, and just stood there. There she was with her little device, and here I was running out of patience. And the sun is coming down quickly.

Then I thought why not take a picture of her instead. After I took this photograph, I didn’t want to wait for the one I originally waited for. I walked away happy knowing it would not be as good without her.

The entire time, I stood there waiting for something which I thought may be good; not knowing the good was right in front of me. Thanks to my incidental model for being in my way. However, now in hindsight, I am the one who needed to get out of my own way.

“Weeds are flowers too, once you get to know them.” ~ A. A. Milne

10 comments :: Wild Flowers

  1. Yes, the backlighted silhoutte person with glow around her hair solidify the image. I like the depth perception, tones and the composition as a whole of this image. Great catch A. Quan, TFS!

  2. This is nice, Quan Trans...very dramatic with the wild flowers leading to the woman. I am glad you did not remove her from the picture. Maybe one of you were waiting for one another to get out of the picture...LOL

  3. Excellent thoughts. Couldn't be any more spot on. 

  4. Hi Izzie,

    Thank you for looking and commenting. I am not sure if I was in her way (maybe). My impression was that finished shooting.

    Best,
    -Quan,

  5. Hi anh tmj,

    Thank you very much for stopping by. It's good to hear from you and happy that you like it.

    Regards,
    -Quan.

  6. Hi Peter,

    Thank you very much for the feedback. Much appreciated.

    -Quan.

  7. Hi Lena,

    And the sense of scale helps to convey the sense of depth. Thank you for looking and commenting.

    -Quan.

  8. Quan, I love this photo. One of the advantages of the woman being in the scene is that she lends a sense of scale to the rest of the environment.
    -Lena

  9. contrast..beautiful natural lighting..!!

  10. Hi anh Lap, thanks for looking and taking the time to write. -Quan.

Post a Comment