Lillian

Click image to view larger

She was so beautiful, pure, and irresistible. If I were a bee, I would beg for mercy and I would probably drop dead by her stamens. People told me that her name was Lily, but she liked to go by Lillian. She usually hung out with her friends, and told me that it would be too confusing for everybody to call each other Lily.

I met Lillian on a cloudy day in the garden. I was not particularly motivated and was about to go home. Then, I saw Lillian and friends blooming in front of the cafe near the exit. I felt as if she was born for and thrive in the soft, diffused light. After taking a few exposures, I went home anyway. However, now I was very motivated and more. Like a kid given a candy, Lillian was my treat of the day.

“When you have only two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other” ~ Chinese Proverbs

12 comments :: Lillian

  1. OH..! MY GOD...YOU ARE ALLWAY TO CREATE SOMETHING  NEW...HOPELY YOU ARE KEEP DOING MORE AND MORE...GOOD LUCK...

  2. Hi Izzie,
    Thank you very much. Good to hear from you. How's the knee?
    -Quan.

  3. Nice!

  4. Strikingly beautiful, Quan! You have a good eye (or two...) capturing this shot! Magnificent...!!!

  5. Nice diagonal composition. Nice and sharp too. I salute you.

  6. Hi anh Niên,
    Thank you for the encouraging words.
    -Quan.

  7. Thanks Billy.
    -Quan.

  8. Hi Mark,
    Thank you very much.
    Salute and have a great weekend.
    -Quan.

  9. Congratulations on a wonderful image!

  10. Very nice contrasting colors and eye leading in presentation. Interestingly the image lead the eyes (my eyes at least) from the sharp tip at the top to the soft blurred consolidating point at the bottom. I guess the reverse might true for other folks ?  TFS!

  11. Hi tmj,
    Good to hear from you. That an interesting observation. For me, the motion back and forth, from the tip to the bottom and back to the tip. I'm sure it's different for others. Thank you.
    -Quan.

  12. Hi Cobus,
    Thank you very much for looking and kind words.
    -Quan.

Post a Comment