Each and Every Step

Click image to view larger

Each step is an adventure for both. When we lift the foot up, we want to make sure that it points to the right direction. When we land it down on the ground, we do not want land on any impediments. For every step, we want to maintain balance throughout. We use the handholding technique as a guiding tool. We do that with one hundred percent concentration. Then, we repeat the same process in the next step. As long as we focus on the task, we will stay on course and nobody gets hurt.

The years will pass. There will be no more handholding; there will be football games, music recitals, rock-and-roll, driving education, and colleges. Every so often, there will be “Hi, Dad” followed by “Hi son, how are you doing?” Every so often, there will be lunches, or even a hug.

The journey continues...

-Quan
December 2011.

“It is not flesh and blood but the heart which makes us fathers and sons.” ~ Johann Schiller

4 comments :: Each and Every Step

  1. Thank you Mark.
    -Quan.

  2. One of my favorite posts by you so far. Nicely done.

  3. What Mark says...unfortunately that case had been long gone. We go through life with bumps and scratches along the way...then we aged with experience. Your little article reminded me of such now that instead of my mother or father's hand to guide me in walking, I have a walking stick to help me each and every step of the way because I just had a knee operated on last Monday. It struck a cord that one day, I was holding someone's hand and now have to rely on a wooden stick to help my therapy so I can walk properly again.

    This is a great photo anyway. I love it very much.

  4. Hi Izzie,
    I am sorry about the knee operation. You're right about life, it throws us a curve every now and then. I wish you a speedy recovery and that walking stick will soon be just a memento.
    Thank you and take care of yourself,
    -Quan.

Post a Comment