Walking Bird

Photo copyright: Quan Tran
Click image to view larger


Why walk when you can fly?

I saw this bird on the beach, taking his lone walk. I decided to follow and watch  him. He didn’t seem hurry, rather enjoying his walk. He would take a few steps and then pause and looked around as if to decide which direction to go next. He didn’t seem bothered by the wave coming in at knee high. He just walked, bare-feet, slowly, alone.

Even though you can fly high up on the sky; however, if you want to touch the wet sand and feel the wave slapping on your knees, you still have to come down to earth and take a slow walk.

Even if you can fly, but will you walk?

-Quan.
March 2012.

“The higher we are placed, the more humbly we should walk.” ~ Marcus Tullius Cicero

5 comments :: Walking Bird

  1. Yah it's right. We should walk.
    MD

  2. Hi Quan, I love the composition .

  3. Hi Chi Sue,
    I'm glad you enjoy it. Thank you for looking and writing.
    -Quan.

  4. Very striking picture.  I like it.  I enjoy reading your blog, and particularly liked the one entitled 'Little Viewer' from February.

  5. Thank you Sarah, I like that 'Little Viewer' too. It's a lot fun writing this blog for me and even more rewarding knowing that people, like you, enjoy reading it.
    -Quan.

Post a Comment