Nature and Man


Click image to view larger


When I took this picture, I thought of Edward Abbey.

For those not familiar with Edward Abbey, here is an excerpt from Wikipedia: “Edward Paul Abbey (29 January 1927 – 14 March 1989) was an American anarchist writer noted for his advocacy of environmental issues and criticism of public land policies.”

Whenever I take field trips to remote locations away from the city, I get to enjoy the beautiful sceneries. Overtime, I acquire the appreciation and deeper respect for Mother Nature. The camera has taught me the love for the land and the sea.

I can relate to Edward’s writing through which I become even more ecological conscious. If he was still alive, today would have been Edward’s 75th birthday. With this image, I like to celebrate his birthday and pay tribute to him.

-Quan
January 2012.

“I stand for what I stand on.” ~ Edward Abbey

0 comments :: Nature and Man

Post a Comment