Lion Dance

Click image to view larger

I had a great time at the Chinese New Year parade last weekend. For me, the lion dance was the highlight of the parade. As the lions marched down the street, people extended their arm out with a red envelops to invite the lion dancer over. When the dancer accepted the invitation and got close to the sidewalk, it would do some special dance moves for a treat. The audiences showed their appreciation with loud cheering noises, and throwing out the confetti.

Even though, I was not a participant; with the camera on hand, I felt more like an observant. And that was an exciting scene to watch, I can feel the festive atmosphere all around me.

“Kung hei fat choi” (Congratulations and be prosperous) to all, as the Chinese would say on New Year.

-Quan
February 2012.

“Life is a festival only to the wise.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson (American Poet, Lecturer and Essayist, 1803-1882)

0 comments :: Lion Dance

Post a Comment