One


Click image to view larger

There is no doubt that Disney Concert Hall is an architectural marvel. Somehow, the all-stainless-steel futuristic look of the external design gives me a sort of uneasy feeling. This is not a criticism; I really do not know anything about architecture. I am sure it is just me.

As I took this photograph, I had a flash back of a scene from a science-fiction movie (which I cannot recall the title). In the movie, a man wakes up one day and discovers that he is the only one left on earth. The mother ships had took off and left him behind. Not by choice, he becomes specie of one.

The thought of being “one” and surrounded by metals is terrifying to me. I wonder if man could ever live alone.

-Quan
January 2012.

“Better mad with the rest of the world than wise alone.” ~ Baltasar Gracian

7 comments :: One

  1. Agree

  2. well done!

  3. Robert, thank you very much. -Quan.

  4. I so look forward to your posts. Your shots are always so beautiful and creative.....
    You are a true master of your camera. Thank you so much for sharing.
    Gail

  5. I love your black & white images. The tonality is beautiful with shadow and highlight details. How could you have had only one man walking with his head down for this shot? Cloned the others away? Your image is "terribly" gorgeous. tp

  6. Hi Anh Phong,
    I was lucky, the street was empty that day. As I was composing the shot, this gentleman walk in the frame. So I clicked three times and selected this second frame. So, there's no need for cloning. Thank you for viewing and taking the time write.
    -Quan.

  7. Hi Gail,
    Thank you very much for the kind and encouraging words.
    -Quan.

Post a Comment