Bitten

Click image to view larger

As I was walking in the park the other day, I spied a streak of light shining on a leaf from under a distant tree. My feet automatically turned toward that direction; thinking this would be a cool photo opportunity. When I got there, I saw this young leaf, which was badly bitten. In a split second, my heart turned from joy to sorrow.

Most leaves get to grow up healthy, to experience a full life through the seasons, to grow old, and to turn yellow in the fall… However, looks like this leaf will not have the chance to live life to the fullest. Sometimes, I feel the world can be so unfair and cruel; dark and cold.

After I took the shot, I stood there wishing the sun would set slower to keep the leaf warm just a little longer. I imagined it’s only a matter of days.

Until then, hang in there and keep on shining!

-Quan.
October, 2011.

0 comments :: Bitten

Post a Comment